I love to cook and I love to eat - I was the one growing up who would finish breakfast, look around, and ask "So, what's for dinner tonight?" My dad is a delicious cook and my mom a wonderful planner/shopper/chopper/cheerleader, so obviously cooking and eating good food runs in the family.
Some of my favorite things pertaining to food are (in no particular order):
- cupcakes (but only really good ones with delicious and pretty frosting!)
- reading cookbooks for fun - they really are satisfying and quick reads
- trying out new recipes
- a good glass of wine
- take-out pizza (I figure that I better be honest from the get-go and just put it out in the open)
- eating at delicious restaurants with good friends
- CHEESE!!!! (all kinds)
- bread - almost in any form - loaf, roll...you name it, I'll probably eat it
- reading reviews about food, restaurants, happy hours, cookbooks
- my lime-green KitchenAid mixer - it really is one of the coolest things ever
So - even though I am doing this, I am not promising to be faithful and update it frequently or take fancy pictures of everything I eat. I do promise to share good food and experiences I have.
*I am not a food critic, and I don't think that a blog is the place to be a food critic. I just want to share my thoughts and ideas about food.*
Up first: on Saturday I am throwing a tapas party with J2 for some friends that will be from "The Opera Lover's Cookbook." This cookbook has made me drool for
a few years now, and the other two recipes that I have tried from it are really quite good, so I am looking forward to throwing a whole party! I get to go shopping on Thursday and make the empanadas first. So excited! (Pretend you can read backwards to enjoy the picture of the chapter!)
No comments:
Post a Comment